Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School - Second Grade!

I always approach this day with mixed feelings. It is always hard for me to drop my child off in an unfamiliar space for 7 hours leaving her in the care of someone I don't know. On the other hand, I am a creature of routine, and love the fall for that reason (even tho we really are in the middle of summer here temperature-wise...sigh). Luckily, Kaylee was pretty much born to go to school and is always super-excited to go, so that makes it a bit easier to deal with the first day. Still is hard though.

On the Aaron front, he did the cutest thing yesterday. I was cleaning in the dining room and I heard him walking through the kitchen making his "uh" sound. I turn around and he walks up to me with his book open, stops right in front of me, and holds it up for me to read. SO CUTE! The best part was the book was "Are You My Mother?"! He loves that one. I love to read to my kids, and love that they love it.

3 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Oh how precious. What a sweet little boy. And I cannot believe that the dollface is in second grade. What a big girl. Heard she lost another tooth! What a cutie.

Mandi said...

I am proud of you for your mostly-positive attitude about the whole thing! I hope the little lady loved her first day of school! Miss you guys!

Mama Williams said...

I feel the same way with sending my kids to school each year. Mixed feelings...she is a darling girl.
Julie :)