Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

To begin this year, I went through all the pictures we took from 2009. Here are some of the things we did...
January
Played with Christmas toys
Had a first swing at the park
Went to a school awards assembly
February
Went to Girls Night Out at Wilson Elementary
Turned 7
Played at Cole Park


March
Laughed and hugged!


April
Celebrated Easter
Took a run to the beach on a swine flu break from school


May
Had a Girls Night Out (or in...) (no, that is NOT a wine bottle that Lane is holding for those or you who are curious - it's a bottle of the most amazing Philippine cooking sauce)
Completed 1st grade
June
Performed at the dance recital - Alice's Adventures Through the Looking Glass
Had family come to visit Turned 1
Took his first steps!
Had his first big boy haircut
July
Played out in the backyard during the hottest Corpus summer on record
Crawled around the beach
Gnawed on a few belts
Took some awesome YW to Girls Camp at Camp Karankawa
August
Ventured to the Houston Children's Museum before the craziness of the school year began

Started 2nd grade
September
Planted a new garden
October
Took a bay cruise
Dressed up for Halloween
November
Had fun with my new razorEnjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with friends
December
Dressed warm for the 8th coldest December on record
Celebrated the birth of our Savior
Got a new family member...Freddy...or Ginny...we still haven't decided
We had a great 2009!! We are blessed in so many ways, but as I looked through these pictures I thought about how blessed I am to have my little family - they are the joy of my life. I love the kind, supportive, hard-working husband I have and I love watching my two beautiful children change and grow and learn. Heavenly Father sure knew what He was doing when He designed the family unit. I am so grateful for them. Here's to another year full of good times and memory making!

3 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad I got to reconnect with you this last year.
Julie

Tiffany said...

Love the year in review! I might do that myself! Sorry I missed you guys New Years Eve, I showed up much later.

Jen Gillespie said...

Dakadikada! Loved it! What a great idea. I liked that it was one of the hottest summers and one of the coldest winters. Nice! Can't strike a happy medium huh! 6 months! Let the countdown begin.